Our spring submission period is open March 13 through April 3, 2023.
The Santa Ana River Review is the literary magazine of the University of California, Riverside’s MFA program. For our Spring 2023 Issue, we are seeking your best fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, visual art, and short dramatic works.
FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS
- In addition to your submission, please include a cover letter with a brief third-person bio (including your pronouns), social media info, and an email address.
- Current and former students of UCR’s MFA program are ineligible to submit.
- We do not accept previously published work. Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please withdraw if accepted elsewhere.
- Please submit work that is proofread and ready for publication upon acceptance. We are student-run on a volunteer basis and do not have the capacity to do developmental edits. With the exception of correcting typos, major edits proposed post-publication may not be honored.
- All rights revert to the author upon publication. Please credit Santa Ana River Review in future publications.
- We only accept submissions through Submittable.