Our upcoming submission period opens April 27 through May 11. We will post submission guidelines on April 26.
The Santa Ana River Review is the literary magazine of the University of California, Riverside’s MFA program. For our Winter 2022 Issue, we are seeking your best fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, visual art, and short dramatic works. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+, and all underrepresented groups to submit.
FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS
- In addition to your submission, please include a cover letter with a brief third-person bio (including your pronouns), social media info, and an email address.
- Current and former students of UCR’s MFA program are ineligible to submit unless they are more than a year removed from their affiliation with the program.
- We do not accept previously published work. Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please withdraw if accepted elsewhere.
- Please submit work that is proofread and ready for publication upon acceptance. We are student-run on a volunteer basis and do not have the capacity to do developmental edits. With the exception of correcting typos, major edits proposed post-publication may not be honored.
- All rights revert to the author upon publication. Please credit Santa Ana River Review in future publications.
- We only accept submissions through Submittable.